8 Highly Effective Cold Prevention Strategies
It seems as if everyone I know is sick, getting over being sick, or about to become sick. Many of these people turn to me for advice. They ask me for drugs and cures. I tell them all the same thing: drink fluids and get rest. Those two simple actions will speed-up your recovery. However, while you are recovering, you will not eat properly or work out regularly. This will slow down your weight loss.
Losing weight is already a slow process and we don’t need anything else slowing it down. If you could avoid getting sick, you could lose more weight. In this post, I will give you some tips to help prevent you from getting a cold and keep you losing weight.
Top Eight Cold Prevention Strategies
1. Wash your hands – The world we live in is filled with viruses and bacteria that can make us ill. Your hands are no exceptions. Wash your hands often to keep them clean. If you cannot wash them, at least use some hand sanitizer, such as Purel.
2. Avoid contact with people – People have germs. People don’t wash their hands. People cough and sneeze all over the place. Avoid crowds. Instead of shaking hands, try bowing. They do it in Japan. Instead of regular hugs, try virtual hugs. They don’t feel as nice, but they are germ-free.
3. Keep your hands out of your face – We have already discussed the germs and viruses on your hands. You cannot wash them continuously, so in between washings keep your hands out of your face. Your face is an open portal to your insides. Keep the germs away from your portal.
4. Drink water – Drinking more water is my answer to everything. Water will help clean out your body and keep it clean. It will also keep your body functioning at 100%. You should drink at least (eight) 8oz glasses of water everyday. This will also help you lose weight.
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables – There are phytochemicals and antioxidants in fruits and vegetables that can help strengthen your immune system and prevent diseases. You should eat at least four servings of vegetables and two servings of fruits every day.
6. Multivitamins – If you are not eating all of your fruit and vegetable servings, you should take a multivitamin to ensure you are getting all of the vitamins your body needs to function properly. Take a simple one-a-day multivitamin everyday.
7. Stay warm – Being cold weakens your immune system and makes your body more susceptible to illness. Look at the day’s temperature at weather.com before leaving your home. Wear layers in and out of your home when it is cold.
8. Relax and rest – Stress weakens your immune system. You can reduce your stress levels by relaxing and getting more sleep. Sleep is essential to maintaining a healthy immune system. Sleep will also boost your recovery time if you become ill.
Getting a cold can derail your nutrition and activity plans. However, if you follow the strategies I laid out for you, you can prevent this from happening.