Breakfast Fried Rice Recipe – Super Easy and Super Yummy!
This easy to make recipe is sure to be a hit with the family! Kids love it and the smell is sure to get everyone out of bed in the morning! Mix it up, make it your own and don’t be afraid to add a little spice to it (jalapenos work great!)
- 3 cups of cooked, cold white (or brown) rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 package of Sun-Bird Fried Rice Seasoning Mix (can be found in any grocery store in the Asian food isle)
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ large green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ – 1 cup of cooked, crispy bacon, crumbled (can substitute breakfast sausage if desired)
- Salt, pepper, garlic seasoning (optional – to taste)
Cook the rice according to package directions the night before you plan to serve this for breakfast. It works better if you start the cooking process with cold rice as hot rice will just get overcooked.
- In large pan, heat the oil.
- In another pan, begin frying bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Add rice, onions and peppers to pan with the oil; mix well and cook until onions are soft.
- Add seasoning and soy sauce; mix well and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- In a side pan, scramble eggs; break into small pieces with spatula.
- Add eggs and bacon and mix until well blended.
- Season to taste and serve HOT!