Top 22 Weight Loss, Health, and Fitness Blogs of 2007
When I first began writing about my weight loss journey this past May, I wasn’t expecting to have compiled such an enormous list of blogs that I actually read on a daily basis. That being said, I have decided to make the last post of the year a tribute post. A tribute to all of the magnificent, influential, and supportive people that have assisted me in my continuing journey. This list has been compiled with several factors taken into consideration., most of which are self indulgent. I did not take any third party ranking or statistics into account here. I simple based the list upon my own personal feeling towards each blog: readability, usefulness, uniqueness, etc.
I have been subscribed to these blogs for several months and read them on a weekly, if not daily basis. If I have left a site off of the list that you feel should be on here, just contact me and I will review it for possible inclusion (if I like it that is). This is a list of more personal health blogs, although I do read some corporate/professional health sites that are jam packed with useful information.
Okay, without further ado, here are Fat Man’s Top 22 Weight Loss, Health, and Fitness Blogs of 2007:
- John Is Fit – John has been at the top of my list since I first came across his site a few months ago. He makes sure to cover all aspects of his weight loss journey. A definite worthy addition to anyone’s RSS list of blogs.
- Total Transformation Test – Witty and knowledgeable, always enjoyable to read.
- Gotta Keep It Off – This man has lost a ton of poundage, I think he looks too skinny now, but that’s just me. Either way, he knows what he’s doing.
- Cranky Fitness Cranky Fitness – I liked her site so much, that I bought an ad on it. This is definitely a must read site.
- Diet Blog -Jam packed with thought provoking and detailed info, this blog is the diet blog f diet blogs.
- Lazy Man and Health – The name says it all…
- Straight to the Bar -Always posting new techniques and insightful workouts. Another must read.
- Run to Win – Blaine’s a ridiculously dedicated long distance runner. I am always amazed when I read about his latest runs.
- Half of Me – Quite possibly the queen of fat blogging…this lady has lost a lot of weight and is a dedicated blogger.
- Fatty Weight Loss – One of the first weight loss blogs I ever came across, I read it all the time.
- The Morbid Me – I originally discovered this blog while searching for weight loss surgery info. Been a reader ever since.
- John Stone – An insanely detailed site, it’s more than a blog, it’s a forum and much, much more. One of the more detailed accounts of one man’s weight loss I have ever come across.
- The Fit Shack – Consistently pleasing articles. Can’t ask for more than that.
- Weigh Loss Weapons – Good, thoughtful posts for assistance with your weight loss.
- Former Fat Guy Blog – Rob was a fat bastard that changed himself into a lean, mean, healthy machine. He has other contributers that add valuable articles to the site as well.
- Saphrym – A new addition to my list, I am really liking this one a lot. This guy reminds me of me, as far as where we were with our weight.
- Back In Skinny Jeans – I love the video posts and the quotes. Always enjoyable to read.
- Celebrity Diet Doctor – Dr. Marc is one cool guy. I sure do wish he started posting again, I guess the Doc has been busy operating.
- The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl – I make sure to visit this one weekly. I think I’m going to get her book.
- The Diet Pulpit – The latest post on this explains it all. Enjoyable…
- FatBloggers.net – An assortment of bloggers sharing their experiences. Add this one to your RSS today.
- Built BIG – This blog makes me sad, but that’s the reason I read it. It motivates me.
That’s about it. I read a large assortment of other health blogs and sites, but not religiously. I would also like to thank all of the people that have taken their time to visit the site, all of our readers, comment leavers, and lurkers. Happy New Year to all. I wish you all happiness and success in 2008.
Peace and be safe.