Guy Things To Do Before You Die
Every guy has a list. We as men have an inherit obsession with lists. We are programmed to respect the priority and organization that the all Holy List provides. Moses introduced all brethren of the world to the original and ultimate list when he returned from Mt. Sinai with the Ten Commandments.
One of the lists that swirls around the head of every man is a personal “before I die” to-do list. And to be honest it may be the most important list of all. This list is the definitive barometer of overall life accomplishments. I have compiled my personal list and am making it available for public consumption. How does my list compare to yours?
Before I Die I Must:
- Attain the elusive six-pack abdominals. I had them once in my early pre-teens but lost them as soon as I started packing on size for my first year of high school football. Darn cheesecake, Doritos, and chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream did me in.
- Travel to at least three exotic places. Brazil, Japan, and Iceland are my top choices. Nothing better than being in a new place that makes you feel like an alien. Besides trying new foods is one of my favorite hobbies.
- Have a threesome. Yes we have to be honest folks. And this is on the list. Hey a guy’s gotta dream right? Two girls and just one of me. I guess the fixation with this one is that it proves a man to be the top dog, doubly desirable, and maybe sets you free of sexual insecurities. Perhaps this one is a little immature and the pressure is high to perform. But hey I’m more than up for it and I could probably combine this one with my Brazil trip.
- Get in the ring. This one is something I really look forward to. Testing my fighting skills in one on one combat. Even if I get knocked out at least the training leading up to the fight will get me in top shape. Secondly, the experience I will gain during my journey to be a gladiator even if for one fight will serve as motivation for all my other life endeavors. The only uncertainty with this one is who will be my opponent. I wonder if I can Google my first grade bully?
- Walk across America. Yes I’m serious about this one. I’ll start in the Bronx and finish in San Diego. No better way to find yourself and appreciate the beauty of this great country all at the same time. I look forward to this one more than the others. I know I will wear out a few sneakers for sure.
- Write a novel. I have at least one in me, I know it. But to be realistic I’m not so optimistic with this one. What are the chances of me being able to get all my scattered thoughts and stories out onto paper in one fluid, concise work of art? I have to be really lucky to get this one done but it would be nice to accomplish.
- Become Rich. Yes having enough zeros in the bank to take care of my loved ones and living comfortably would be a major dream of mine. I have so much I want to do in my life but I continuously trip over the “don’t have enough dough to make it happen” hurdle. How will I make myself a financial success? Well I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Nuff said.
- Last but not least, I want to find the woman of my dreams. This goal has remained the same for me for years. But just what defines the girl of my dreams is what has changed. In the past curves and sexy eyes might have been the defining characteristics of my soul mate. But now someone who understands me and dreams just as hard as I do are the traits I most desire. It wouldn’t hurt if she liked to walk and helped me with my list. I wonder if she has a good jab!
To be frank after writing this list down and looking it over I have decided not to make it my life list. Rather it will be my 2008 to-do list. Life is too short to sit on your hands and watch it fly by right before your eyes. Why is “Eye of the Tiger” from Rocky playing in my head?