New Year’s Resolution: Kick Start Fat and Weight Loss
Let’s face it, you’re lazy. I’m lazy. We are all lazy. That is the first step in ultimate healing and change: acknowledgment. Now let us start the cycle of change with a little help from some weight loss catalysts. Here are some awesome fire starters that will ignite your internal body furnace and get the fat loss abilities that are innate to your body activated. No wimps allowed with these fat loss tips, so toughen up!
Fat Loss Tip # 1
The Morning After Pill: Your A.M. PRE-BRUSH Routine
Before you brush your teeth or hair, make sure to turn on your body’s engine. Don’t sneak in breakfast before this routine either, an empty stomach is better. As soon you roll out of bed stand up, spread your legs a little wider than shoulder length apart and reach up for the sky. Get a good stretch in this manner and re-align your bones and awaken your muscles. After that do this speedy day starter routine:
- Perform 25 shoulder width push ups
- Perform 25 close grip push ups
- Perform 20 Crunches
- Perform 20 weight-less Squats, use a broom stick if you like
- Perform 20 more Crunches
- Perform 20 Jumping Jacks
- Perform 15 Push ups, your choice of type
- Perform 20 more Crunches
- Perform 20 more Jumping Jacks
- Perform 20 more Squats
- Perform a Shower Marine!
NOTE: Perform all these exercises consecutive with as little rest as possible, 30 seconds at maximum. The point of the Morning After is kick start your day with a major sweat. You are starting your body’s fire on an empty stomach.
Fat Loss Tip # 2
Consume Fire Starter Foods
Proper ignition is key in any fire. Same holds true with getting your metabolism rolling towards optimal weight loss. So with that being said, implement these seldom considered diet and health aides.
- Cayenne – Simply put, Cayenne is pure gun powder. It pops viruses out your system and fortifies your little immune system soldiers. On top of that overall health benefit Cayenne is a metabolic dynamo, it’ll make you sweat and remember sweat is GOOD!Try to consume two teaspoons daily. Whether you mix it your vegetables or dump it on top of a chicken breast, no matter, just bury it down the hatchet.
- Ginger – Hard training can put a strain on your immune system. It is not uncommon for individuals pushing themselves hard during weight loss training to come down with nasty viral infections. The reason is simple: you are taken your body where it hasn’t been before and this shock to the system can leave your immune system reeling and open for invasion. This is where Ginger can aid. Ginger is a stomach healer. Ginger will calm down even the most upset stomachs. Besides its tummy benefits it soothes the throat. And if that weren’t enough, yes Ginger does get your metabolism activated. Burning calories and keeping them burning are what Ginger can do. Buy at least 2 pounds of Ginger. Take those two pounds and boil it in half a gallon of water (get the big pot from grandma) for 6 minutes on high. Let it sit for 9 minutes and pour into a big pitcher. Drink at least 3 cups a day. Chill it and bring it to work. As an added bonus Ginger kills yucky mouth germs!
- Lemon – Add it to water and let it cut the grease in your body. Lemons are a known catalyst in fat melting. Consume at least half a lemon a day and you could burn off a pound a week! Squeeze a lemon on your salad or over your chicken breast. I tend not to over recommend lemon because of the latest trend of individuals developing “Acid reflux” and other esophageal issues. I personally believe these people are predisposed because of years of damage with the consumption of fake, preservative filled juices. But nevertheless don’t let me get side tracked…this is a no wimps edition! Eat lemons and burn fat every second. The vitamin C laden lemon will also provide muscle and immune system support. So get sour and fit.
Fat Loss Tip # 3
Take on a Full Contact Approach
Fighting burns calories and that cannot be denied. An intense bout that utilizes all the limbs lasting 45 minutes can burn 1600 calories! But before you jump in the ring and get yourself knocked out perhaps consider investing in a pair of 16 ounce boxing gloves and a heavy bag. You can pound away your aggression, just imagine it’s your boss’s face (or your mother in law, ladies). Start out with a quick 3 minute shadow boxing warm up. Next, start pounding the heavy bag. Go at it for an intense 10 minutes and even get your elbow and knees involved for some vicious strikes. Eventually after four weeks work your way up to 20 minutes of pounding, just be careful not to slip on all the sweat that will be pouring out of you.