Sleep Better For Faster Weight Loss
Fatigue can kill your weight loss progress. Being tired makes you hungry and stressed. This causes you to eat more calories. Being tired also decreases your energy. This makes you workout with less intensity and decreases the amount of calories you will burn. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you must sleep at least 7 – 9 hours EVERY night. To get a better night sleep:
- Schedule your sleep. Planning is the key to permanent weight loss. This includes planning sleep. If you decide that you are going to sleep from 11 pm to 7 am every night, do that. No excuses. This includes the weekend.
- Do not oversleep. 7 am is 7 am, even on Sunday morning. Oversleeping can throw off your sleeping pattern as much as under-sleeping. One extra hour will not kill you, but please don’t wake up at noon.
- Beds are for sleep. Don’t do anything in your bed other than sleep. Don’t watch television or even read. You want your brain to associate your bed with sleep and only sleep. Actually, there is one other activity you can consider doing in the bed. However, some people consider that exercise, so it’s okay. 😉
- Exercise regularly. Exercise will help you burn extra calories and it will also improve the quality of your sleep. This includes strength training and aerobic activities. However, try not to exercise within an hour or two before your scheduled bedtime.
- Limit caffeine. Caffeine is great in moderation. It can boost your energy, improving your mood or your workouts. However, try not to consume caffeine within six hours before your scheduled bedtime.
- Lights and sounds out. Eliminate all unnecessary lights and sounds in your sleeping environment. This will create a more tranquil sleeping environment and lead to better sleep.
A good night’s sleep is essential to permanent weight loss. Use these strategies to help improve your sleep.