Sweet Shoyu Chicken and Grilled Asparagus – So Ono!
This is one of the few meals where my son actually asks for more vegetables! Truthfully, I think he likes it because he can eat his vegetables with his fingers without me scolding him! =) Mix it up to your taste and enjoy!
- 3lbs of Chicken (drumsticks or wings work great!)
- Fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 6-7 gloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup Shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. Shoyu
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Marinate chicken overnight (or 4 hours minimum).
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Prep asparagus (clean and cut end of stalk). Marinate in olive oil, melted butter and garlic.
- Grill chicken until almost done.
- Brush chicken with the cooking sauce. Let cook 1 minute then turn and brush the other side.
- Repeat several times or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Place asparagus on grill. Cook until desired crispness.
- Serve HOT!