What do I do besides Nutrisystem?
I have not mentioned what exactly I’m doing besides eating Nutrisystem lately. Well, I’m breaking my vow of silence, effectively immediately. We know I’ve been eating Nutrisystem for the past few weeks (possibly couple of months), I’ve honestly lost track. It feels normal to me now that its part of my routine. I’ve had success with Nutrisystem so far, so that’s a good thing. But I add other things to my daily routine to help me along on my weight loss journey.
Here are some of the other “things” I’ve been doing:
1. Be more active. Period. I’ve made it a point to just be more active. This doesn’t mean I go run marathons every weekend. What I mean is that I now do the little things I used to normally tend to put off. I fix those little things around the house I’ve neglected. I take out the trash at night instead of waiting to leave in the morning. I mow the lawn every weekend (unless it’s raining all day). I just do things and try not to put them off. Not for too long at least.
2. Resistance train. I lift weights three times a week. I workout my entire body on different days. From chest to back to arms to legs. Everything. I don’t only lift weights. I do body weight training as well. These include push ups, chin ups, burpees.
3. Yoga it up. I’ve started incorporating yoga into my routine. I aim for two yoga sessions a week. I feel it relaxes me and helps my body heal while getting a low impact workout. I still get a good workout and it only takes 20 minutes.
4. Walk my ass off. Literally. I’ve become a walking machine. I take anywhere from a 30 minute walk to a two hour walk. I try to get in 3 to 4 walks a week. Walking is like meditation to me. I find myself thinking a lot as I walk. Walking is one of the easiest exercises you can do. Walking and yoga are several underrated exercises.
5. Cardio. When I’m not walking or doing yoga on my non weight lifting days, I get in some elliptical machine or recumbent bike sessions. On the bike I will last from 45 minutes to an hour. On the elliptical I go for 20 minutes to an hour. Cardio baby!
6. Mentalist. This is one of the hardest ones. I make things about my mind. I workout on the days I feel like crap. I evaluate my everyday decisions. I visualize my success. I see myself in shape. I cherish the moments of victory I have.
Okay, enough. There’s more but I’ll cut it down for now. Just try to remember to do the little things. It all counts! What’s your routine like?
Disclaimer: All products have been supplied by Nutrisystem as part of their Nutrisystem Blogger 15 program. Views expressed here are my own. If you are interested in learning more about Nutrisystem, visit their website.